Turkey Swim 2014
The Turkey Swim is an open water swim race, but due to Ala Moana Park’s reef, the swimmer is protected from a true “rough” water race. This allows the novice swimmer a calm introduction into the excitement of ocean swim races while still providing the seasoned racer a challenge.The race features the Classic 2K Swim and the Turkey Lite 1K Swim. Great fun for novice swimmers and seasoned racers! Come and join the gobble, gobble fun!
The CourseThe race will be held on Saturday, November 22 and begins promptly at 8:30 am, at Ala Moana Beach Park, Diamond Head end, near the Magic Island parking lot. A staggered start may be used depending on the number of entrants. Participants swim towards the Ewa end of the park for 500 or 1000 meters, round the buoy clockwise and return over the same course, keeping the finish buoy on their left. The finish line is up the beach about 20 yards.
- $25, Youths under the age of 18, towel included if postmarked by 11/1/14.
- $35, Adults 18 yrs. and over, towel included if postmarked by 11/1/14.
- $40, late entry accepted until 8 am on race day for all ages (towel included if available).
- Online registration is available here. Use barcode 55215 to register.
- Or download the registration form and turn it into the Nu'uanu YMCA