Learn to SwimThe YMCA of Honolulu's Aquatics Program is divided into several different levels and is oriented toward student-centered learning. It is designed to insure the student's safety, provide for regular, progressive success, and make the learning process more enjoyable. Personal growth, stroke development, water games and sports, personal safety and rescue are incorporated into each level. Register online or contact your local YMCA for more information.
Youth AquaticsLearn more about youth swim lessons here.
Adult AquaticsAdult swim lessons are for those individuals who wish to learn to swim or those who want to improve their technique. Classes have a low student-to-instructor ratio, which allows for personal instruction in each class. Each level is comprised of five elements: personal safety, skill development, personal growth, water sports/games and rescue.
Private Swimming Lessons
With a private swim instructor, you will achieve optimal results via appropriate drills and activities. Private swimming lessons allow for flexible scheduling. During your lessons, you will learn proper swimming techniques and receive positive encouragement, motivation and accountability.
- Private swim lessons are a great opportunity to learn to swim from a skilled teacher on a one-on-one basis.
- Lessons are available for ages 3 years old to adults.
- Lessons are available in five-session packages.
- Each session is 30-minutes in length.
- All lessons packages are pre-paid and non-refundable.