About the Y
Leeward YMCA Kid’s Prep Preschool - New $50 Per Week Pricing & Up to 100% Financial Assistance!
For Ages 2-5
At the Kid’s Prep Preschool we strive to:
- Create and foster a home-like environment that allows children to feel comfortable and safe while developing close relationships.
- Support, empower, encourage, and cultivate each child to recognize their own personal value.
- Incorporate a culturally diverse curriculum that represents Hawaii’s richly diverse demographic.
- Provide enriching experiences through the immersion of arts, culture, music, creative expression, and literature with opportunities for exploration and discovery and environmental awareness.
- Foster enjoyment in activities that support physical development.
Hours of Operation:
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Closed on all Federal and State Holidays, as well as Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- Weekly Option:
- Full Time (8:00am - 3:00pm): *$50 per week per child
- *Up to 100% Financial Assistance is available based on need and availability. To apply, please complete the request form: Leeward
- Monthly Option Coming Soon:
- Full time Monday – Friday (8:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.): Rate pending.
- Part time Monday – Friday (8:00a.m. – 11:30a.m. OR 11:30a.m. – 3:00p.m.): Rate pending.
- *Thanks to generous special funding from the City and County of Honolulu Coronavirus Relief Fund in support of families impacted by the pandemic, we were able to further reduce the rate to $50 per week instead of the actual operational cost of $320 per week. In addition, financial assistance of up to 100% is available for families based on need. The new $50 per week rate is effective as of September 21, with limited capacity. Please register as soon as possible.
Pick Up/Drop Off
Please be sure to drop off and pick up your child between hours listed below. If there are circumstances in which your family needs a later drop off time for a specific day, please reach out to the branch at 808-445-1449.
- Drop Off: 8 am - 8:45 am
- Pick Up:
- Part-Time Morning Program: 11:00am - 11:30am
- Part-Time Afternoon & Full-Day Program: 2:30pm - 3:00pm
Drop off and pick up is done curbside with parents and guardians remaining in their cars. When you arrive in the drop off lane, your child's temperature is taken, and you will be asked a short series of health screening questions by a staff member who is wearing gloves, eye protection, and a mask. A staff member then escorts your child to wash their hands and then to their assigned group. During pickup, YMCA staff members are not permitted to buckle any child into their car seat.
Financial Assistance Options
- All families are encouraged to apply for the Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Care Connection Hawaii subsidy that provides subsidies for childcare. Currently, DHS has lifted income restrictions, so even families who normally would not qualify due to their income are eligible. Information and application is here.
Families may experience delays in their application approval and payment due to the high volume of applications coming into the DHS.
- The City and County of Honolulu COVID-19 Household Hardship Program provides up to $500 per month for childcare services based on income. Income guidelines and applications are here.
Focus on Safety
- To promote a safe environment for all youth participants and our staff; please do not send your child to preschool if they have a fever or are not feeling well.
- As an extra precaution, all staff and children will have daily health screenings before being allowed to check in that includes temperature checks and answering health related questions. Staff and youth participants will not be allowed to attend if:
- They or anyone in their household have traveled out of state within the past 14 days; or
- They or anyone in their household is under investigation for, or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days; or
- Has a fever of 100.4 F or more; or Has cold or flu symptoms.
Please ensure your child brings the following items each day:
- Wet Wipes
- At least one change of clothes. Please label all items.
- A blanket/sleeping mat for the child during quiet and rest times
- A jacket
- Foot wear for outdoor play
- A daily lunch and 2 daily snacks (morning and afternoon) for children enrolled in full day program OR A daily lunch and 1 daily snack for children enrolled in part-time program
- A daily or refillable water bottle
- 3 Composition books (ruled)
New Rate of *50 per week effective as of September 21, 2020. Limited capacity, please register early: