As of October 30, 2020, the Nu'uanu Y resident facility will no longer be in operation.
All current residents have been given the option to move to our Central Y resident facility which offers accommodations for both male and female occupants. For more information, please go to our Central Y Accommodations webpage.
Nu'uanu Male Resident HousingAccommodations at the Nu'uanu Y are not suitable for quarantine stays. Anyone who is mandated by the State of Hawaii to 14-day quarantine will not be allowed to stay at the Y. As a result, all guests will be required to answer some pre-screening questions prior to making a reservation and at the time of check-in:
- Are you experiencing any cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 or more during the last 48 hours?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who is suspected to have, or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to your check-in date?
- Will you, anyone in your household, or anyone with whom you have had close contact with, traveled out of the State of Hawaii in the last 14 days prior to your check-in date?
Upon check-in, any guest that answers “yes” to any of the above questions will be denied entry to the Y, regardless of any reservation.
Also, due to the covid-19 pandemic, guests must be willing to adhere to guidelines to insure the health and safety of all guests and staff:
- Daily temperature checks
- Wearing masks anytime in the building, except in your room or resident bathrooms while attending to personal hygiene
- Social Distancing guidelines
- Limited or no community gathering areas
- Self linen and towel service so that staff can focus on extra cleaning
- Quarantine protocols for those guests show signs/symptoms of illness during their stay
- No visitors in the building
- Food deliveries are to be met outside the building
Criminal History Background Checks (CHBC)
- For guests pre-paying for 1-2 days, the guest is responsible for the cost of the CHBC.
- For guests pre-paying for 3 or more days, the Y will cover the cost of the CHBC. (3 days payment is non-refundable)
- Until the guest clears the CHBC, the weekly rate is not available.
- Learn more here.
Make a reservation:
Please call 808-536-3556 to make a reservation. Walk-ins are accepted, but due to the Criminal History Background Check process, it may take several hours before a walk-in can check-in. Reservations are highly encouraged. Check-in times are between 8am-4pm, with rooms being available after 12pm. Guests with pre-paid reservations, your room will be available any time after 12pm
Please check back for further updates on the extension of the Hawaii State-mandated quarantine.
Those who are tourists, residents and students alike will enjoy the Nu'uanu YMCA's location. Guests of the Nu'uanu branch will have access to the fitness facility and pool, through a reservations system. Other nearby hotspots include Fort Street Mall, Aloha Tower, and Restaurant Row.
The 70 single room male-only residential facility is located near downtown Honolulu, right next to mass transit lines, making it very convenient to get around Oahu.
- Daily rate for a single room is $45.00 or $255.00 weekly* with dormitory style restroom
- Non refundable deposit equal to one days rent must be made with 24 hours to hold your reservation
- Reservation deposit is non-refundable and no changes allowed after booking is placed
- Rent must be paid in full before checking in.
- All YMCA Resident Program applicants must be 18 years or older and will be asked to provide and submit to the following:
- State I.D., Driver’s License, or Passport
- Consent to a criminal background check and United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website and the Hawaii State Sex Offender Registry check which is required for all applicants. Once accepted as a resident; required weekly background checks against the National Sex Offender Registry and Criminal background checks every six months.Learn more here.
- Applicants and current residents will be denied accommodations in the YMCA’s resident program for the following reasons:
- The person refuses to consent to the criminal background check or National Sex Offender registry check;
- The person makes a false statement in connection with conducting such criminal background check or Sex Offender registry check;
- The person is registered, or is required to be registered, on any sex offender registry;
- The person has been convicted of a felony;
- Has been convicted within the past 5 years, excluding the period of incarceration (if any), of a misdemeanor involving:
- Physical assault or battery,
- Drugs or controlled substances, or
- Abuse of a family or household member.
- Check-in can be refused if guest has been asked to leave from any YMCA properties in the past or displays unacceptable and/or inappropriate behavior or seems to be unsuited to stay in a community environment.
- Check-in times are between 8am-4pm, with rooms being available after 12pm. Guests with pre-paid reservations, your room will be available any time after 12pm
- Check-out is always by 11:00am.
- Guests have full access to fitness facilities.
*Prices subject to change without notice; please contact the Welcome Center for current information.