Nu'uanu Male Resident Housing
At this time, Central Y and Nu’uanu Y are no longer accepting new reservations and walk-ins for accommodations.
Update Regarding Upcoming Reservations (March 22, 2020): Effective 12:01 am, Thursday, March 26, the State of Hawaii is mandating a 14-day quarantine for all returning residents and visitors to Hawaii. Residents are to quarantine at their residences and visitors at their hotels. The quarantine mandate will continue indefinitely until further notice from the Hawaii State government.
Accommodations at the Central Y and Nu’uanu Y are not suitable for quarantine stays. As a result, all Central Y and Nu’uanu Y upcoming room reservations Between March 26, 2020 to April 30, 2020 are cancelled.
If you currently have a Central Y and Nu’uanu Y room reservation between March 26, through April 30, a Y staff member will be contacting you.
If you currently have reservations at the Central Y or Nu'uanu Y after April 30, 2020, your reservation may also be affected if this situation continues. If you wish to cancel your reservation, we will issue a full refund. Please check back for further updates on the extension of the Hawaii State-mandated quarantine.
Those who are tourists, residents and students alike will enjoy the Nu'uanu YMCA's location. Guests of the Nu'uanu branch will have access to the fitness facility and pool. Other nearby hotspots include Fort Street Mall, Aloha Tower, and Restaurant Row.
The 70 single room male-only residential facility is located near downtown Honolulu, right next to mass transit lines, making it very convenient to get around Oahu.
- Daily rate for a single room is $45.00 or $255.00 weekly* with dormitory style restroom
- There are two rooms with private bathrooms at a daily rate of $65*, no weekly rate.
- Non refundable deposit equal to one days rent must be made with 24 hours to hold your reservation
- Reservation deposit is non-refundable and no changes allowed after booking is placed
- Rent must be paid in full before checking in.
- All YMCA Resident Program applicants must be 18 years or older and will be asked to provide and submit to the following:
- State I.D., Driver’s License, or Passport
- Consent to a criminal background check and United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website and the Hawaii State Sex Offender Registry check which is required for all applicants. Once accepted as a resident; required weekly background checks against the National Sex Offender Registry and Criminal background checks every six months.Learn more here.
- Applicants and current residents will be denied accommodations in the YMCA’s resident program for the following reasons:
- The person refuses to consent to the criminal background check or National Sex Offender registry check;
- The person makes a false statement in connection with conducting such criminal background check or Sex Offender registry check;
- The person is registered, or is required to be registered, on any sex offender registry;
- The person has been convicted of a felony;
- Has been convicted within the past 5 years, excluding the period of incarceration (if any), of a misdemeanor involving:
- Physical assault or battery,
- Drugs or controlled substances, or
- Abuse of a family or household member.
- Check-in can be refused if guest has been asked to leave from any YMCA properties in the past or displays unacceptable and/or inappropriate behavior or seems to be unsuited to stay in a community environment.
- Check-in is Monday to Friday 2:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday 2:00pm - 6:00pm, and Sunday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Check-out is always by 11:00am.
- Guests have full access to fitness facilities.
*Prices subject to change without notice; please contact the Welcome Center for current information.