Traditional Overnight Camp
Traditional Overnight Camp
Kids and teens come back year after year for this five-night, six-day overnight camp that emphasizes personal growth through choice. In the mornings, campers choose activities that interest them such as archery, outdoor living skills and art. Instructors coach them through the week to improve skills and confidence. Later in the day, campers rotate through activity areas to experience all Camp Erdman has to offer including hiking, sports and swimming. Evening activities include campfires, dances and a weekly campout.
During your online registration process, you will be provided opportunities to add on options that include Specialty Camps (see list below), transportation to/from the airport or Nu'uanu Y, and a Weekend Camp Stayover to create a 2-week traditional overnight camp experience.
Summer Camp Rates (Completed Grades 1 - 10 or age 7 - 17 )
|Visitor Rate (Out-of-State residents)||$750.00|
|Kama'aina Rate (Hawaii residents)||$715.00|
|Camp Assistant (CA)||APPLICATION ONLY. No fee for accepted applicants.|
Camp Erdman Discounts
- 5% Sibling Discount
- 15% Active Military Discount
- 20% YMCA Family Membership Discount - Don't have a Family Membership? Sign up today!
- 50% YMCA Employee Discount
- Round Trip Transportation Discount - $15-20 off using the code ROUNDTRIP23
- Financial Aid
Specialty Additions to Overnight Camp
Campers can opt to add on one of our Specialty Camps as part of their traditional camp week and spend four mornings immersed in the activity, developing skills and confidence. During your online registration for your camp week, you will have the opportunity to select any of the specialty add ons:
- Surf Camp (Ages 7 – 17): Our surf camp is a great introduction to the ocean and the beauty of surfing. Our experienced and encouraging instructors from North Shore Surf Girls will provide your child with a fun and safe learning experience for all skill levels! From the basics of learning the skills, etiquette, and ocean safety to advanced levels of dropping in and turning on bigger days, surf camp is for everyone. Surf campers travel off-site to Chun’s Reef Beach after breakfast and return to camp just before lunch. $390
- Horse Camp (Ages 7 – 17): Saddle up for an exciting ride! Horse camp offers campers the opportunity to learn the ropes on how to groom, tack and ride at the nearby North Shore Stables. This is an introductory equestrian program. We do not recommend this specialty camp for experienced riders who are looking to ride at a contest level. Horse campers travel off-site to North Shore Stables after breakfast and return to camp before lunch. $390 [Note: Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. A protective helmet will be provided.]
- Adventure Camp (Ages 12 - 17): This one of a kind specialty camp allows campers to experience the sights and thrills of the beautiful North Shore. Campers will get to summit a pillbox hike, snorkel the north shore beaches, paddle board up the Haleiwa river, boulder at Waimea Bay Beach Park, and potentially more! Adventure campers depart camp just after breakfast with a member of our leadership team and return to camp just before lunch to enjoy the afternoon fun with their cabin! $390
- Climbing Camp (Ages 13-17): Learn the basics of the fast-growing sport of climbing! Campers spend the mornings mastering knot-tying and belaying, experiencing our Alpine Tower and High Ropes course in a more advanced setting, and get to go off-site one morning to learn about the sport of climbing! By the end of the week, they will be prepared to lead their peers on camp’s ropes course, or take their skills to the next level of sport climbing! Campers must be a minimum of 13 years old to participate. $295
- Resilience Camp (Ages 7-17): Our Resilience Camp is open to all ages and aims to equip campers with the tools and skills to boost their mental wellness both at camp and at home. Campers will spend each morning participating in social and emotional learning activities designed to teach and develop these skills. $150
- Ike Hawaii (Ages 7-17): New in 2023, our Ike Hawaii Specialty camp teaches campers about the cultural significance and history of Hawaii while learning the outdoor wilderness survival skills to succeed in the wilderness. Campers will go off-site for a trip to Waimea Valley, learn how to fish pono, hike Ka’ena Point, learn the basics of hiking safety, and learn how to build shelters, or Hale Noa’s, in the wild! By the end of the, your camper will have a greater appreciation and knowledge on the history of Hawaii and outdoor survival skills. $295
- Specialty Camp Sampler (Ages 12 - 17): Can’t decide on the options above? Choose the Specialty Camp Sampler to participate in one morning of surf camp, one morning of horse camp, one morning of climbing camp, and one morning of Ike Hawaii. $390
Mini Camp (For Ages 7-17): Wednesday, July 5 - Friday, July 7
- Mini Camp is designed for first-time campers interested in sampling overnight camp or experienced campers looking for a little extra camp! This three-day, two-night camp is a condensed version of our Traditional Overnight Camp program.
- Fees: Visitors (out-of-state residents) $400, Kama’aina (Hawaii residents) $360, Y Family Members $288
Teen Overnight LIT and CA Camps
- Leadership in Training (LIT): Completed Grade 10 or age 14 - 17
- Two-Week Camp Session: June 11 – June 23 and July 16 – July 28, 2023
- Fee: $1,150
- Camp Assistant (CA): Completed Grade 11 or age 16 - 17
- Three-Week Camp Session: June 4 – June 23 and July 9 – July 28, 2023
- Fee: By application only, no cost for accepted applicants. Applications will be available soon and accepted March 1 through April 14.
A Typical Day at Camp - Sample Schedule
Register Today - Spaces are Limited
Spaces are limited! Reserve a spot today with just a deposit fee by choosing "Payment Plan" and the "Deposit: Balance" option when registering.