Lifeguard - Opening Shift
|Position:||Lifeguard - Opening Shift|
|Salary Range:||$13.00 - $14.00/hour|
Responsible for the safety of members, program participants and patrons using the YMCA of Honolulu aquatic facilities. Performs all opening duties and ensures that the pool is open on time on a regular basis. Serves as a representative of the YMCA by providing quality customer service, while meeting all standards and expectations. Works under the supervision and guidance of the Aquatics Director and/or Assistant Aquatics Program Director.
Performs all opening duties which includes:
• Punching in at 4:15 am on Mondays – Fridays.
• Facility opens at 4:30am.
• *Saturday (if scheduled) punching in at 4:45am
• Facility opens at 5:00am
• Signing the pool key out from the Welcome Center and entering through the glass doors leading to second floor balcony.
• Unlocking pool office and switching on the deck lights
• Removing of the robot vacuum from pool.
• Cleaning of the vacuum bag after the arrival of a second lifeguard.
• Retrieving the First Aid cart and backboard from the pool office and setting up on the deck.
• Setting up pool deck: kick boards (12), noodles (2) and dumbells (2 sets).
• Ensuring the pool stairs and chair lift are safe and secure.
• Inspecting of and removing of any debris or inspects in the pool and on the deck.
• Inspecting of the gutters/drains removal of debris if necessary.
• Attaching the Daily Aquatics Stat sheet on the clipboard.
• Retrieving the walkie talkie off the charger and placing it in the water proof case.
• Ensuring the walkie talkie is functional by doing a radio check.
• Keep the walkie talkie accessible to you at all times
• Checking the pool temperature and writing it on the whiteboard.
• Unbolting all locker room doors (3) when the facility opens.
QUALIFICATIONS:Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
• 1year experience in life guarding preferred.
• Knowledge of life guarding and pool safety.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• CPR for the Professional Rescuer (Basic Life Support certification which includes AED/Oxygen) and Basic First Aid required.
• YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard Certification required.
• TB clearance preferred.