Food Service Worker/Cook
|Position:||Food Service Worker/Cook|
The position helps prepare and serve meals at camp and clean kitchen and dishes.
- Prepare, cook and serve food.
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Boil, broil, roast, and steam meat, poultry and / or vegetables.
- Wash, peel, etc., vegetables.
- Prepare poultry and meats.
- Prepare breads, stir and strain soups and vegetables.
- Weigh and measure foods.
- Short-order cook, bake or butcher as needed.
- Assist with the cleaning and preparation of food service areas for use before kitchen is opened
- Be responsible for the cleaning and care of the kitchen and equipment
- Strictly follow sanitary standards.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to code of conduct
- Exemplify the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Knowledge of standards of food preparation, serving, and kitchen procedures a plus
- Experience as a cook, preferably at a camp or institutional food service setting a plus
- Perform all duties in accordance with YMCA of Honolulu Mission statement and in a manner that promotes honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.
- TB test
- Hepatitis-A shot