- PRIMARY PURPOSE: General cleaning of all facilities outside of Camp kitchen. Does daily check for major spills/mess in or around facilities; orders, replenishes and restocks cleaning supplies. Checks and cleans cabins after outgoing and prior to incoming groups. Position reports to Retreats and Team Development Director.
- Does walk through of cabins. Replaces, removes or reports missing or damaged items or equipment
- Sweep and wet mop rooms, empty trash, and check shower and toilet for proper function
- Clean bathrooms of private meeting rooms
- Checks Hanai Pono (HP) restrooms daily at scheduled times.
- Checks with Program Directors on check-outs and check-ins for new information
- Transport trash from HP to dumpsters and manage trash load between pick-ups
- Reports any unusual or suspicious behavior / activity
- Work with the staff on guest lock-outs, lost keys etc.
- Inspect cabins for bedbugs prior to and after groups check out with no longer than two weeks between checks.
- Each month check for maintenance issues, lubricates door hinges, shower house and light timers, clears cobwebs, removes and washes bed covers as needed (all cover after summer), spray shower house with grout cleaner to remove mold.
- Every 6 months deep cleans shower houses, cabin bathrooms, HP bathrooms, Crosson bathroom, window screens, debris removal from tops of mauka cabin bathrooms, polish stainless/chrome in handicap bathrooms and HP bathrooms.
- Inspect cabins of FT staff prior to vacating for cleanliness, damage and general condition. Clean and inspect FT cabins prior to new arrival for readiness.
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- TB test required
- 1 year in similar position preferred