Healthy Weight and Your Child Facilitation Leader
|Position:||Healthy Weight and Your Child Facilitation Leader|
|Salary Range:||$18.00 - $25.00/hour|
Healthy Weight and Your Child (HWYC) program is an evidence-based lifestyle change intervention designed to address childhood obesity. This program is for children and their families, ages 7-13, with a body mass index of the 95th percentile or higher. This family-based weight-management program focuses on nutrition education and physical activity to encourage healthier eating habits and an active lifestyle to achieve a healthy weight. The program is co-delivered by two Facilitation Leaders, with emphasis in content or activity. The Leaders work closely with one another to support participants and their families. It is important that the leaders are comfortable working as a team, collecting health data; enjoy working with children and adults, and addressing sensitive topics with participants and their families.
The Facilitation Leader with emphasis on Content’s main responsibility is to facilitate delivery of Healthy Weight and Your Child (HWYC) curriculum, the didactic portion of each session, while the Facilitation Leader with emphasis on Activity delivers fun and safe physical activity to program participants. Both will provide support and guidance to program participants, and maintain fidelity to the curriculum. This team approach emphasizes both a leading and a following roll, according to the activities scheduled for a cohort of 5- 15 families.
Responsibilities of all Facilitation Leaders include:• Creating an inclusive, safe, and fun environment for children ages 7-13 to learn, feel supported, and engage in group physical activity;
• Motivate children and adults to participate during the entire course of the didactic and physical activity portion of each session;
• Participate in all the activities and serve as a role model for the children and adults;
• Support group discussions and dynamics during the content delivery portion of the class;
• Engage children and their families in a fun, comfortable, and inclusive atmosphere;
• Facilitate group discussion around nutrition and healthy habits;
• Encourage parent or caregiver support and participation;
• Encourage goal setting and action planning;
• Ability to participate in the activities and serve as a role model for the children and adults;
• Encourage parents and caregivers to become aware of their surroundings and triggers that may cause unhealthy food choices;
• Work as a team with your Facilitation Leader partner at all times.
• Must understand data collection and possess computer skills
• TB test required
• CPR / 1st Aid required (can be acquired after hire)
• 4-year College degree in Physical Education, Health Sciences, or related field, preferred
• SPARK certification (required within 3 months of hire within the YMCA))
• YMCA’s Facilitating Change in Small Groups certification (required prior to program delivery within 3 months of hire)
• YMCA’s Healthy Weight and Your Child certification (required prior to program delivery)
• YMCA of USA’s HIPAA certification (required prior to program delivery)
• Experience in Facilitating Groups, preferred
• Experience working with both children and/or families at least one year.
APPLY BY: March 1, 2020