(Program Site located in community)
|Salary Range:||$13.00 - $15.00/hour|
The Y of Honolulu Come…With Me! Program Facilitator will work directly with informal family, friend, and neighbor caregivers and the children, ages 5 years and younger, that they care for in twice weekly two hour groups. Early learning activities are provided in interactive play and learn centers to support the children’s development and kindergarten readiness and the parents/caregivers in their role as “first teachers”. The facilitator will work with the YMCA Executive Director of Youth Development (supervisor) to develop partnerships in the community, outreach to families, and in the curriculum development and planning. The facilitator will also be responsible (along with the supervisor) for administering child and family outcomes evaluation/assessment tools.
- Degree in Early childhood or related education, preferred.
- Training in early childhood, early childhood education.
- Registered on State of Hawaii Registry of Early Childhood Educators.
- Experience working with young children and their families, minimum of 1-3 years.
- Experience or training in facilitating groups, minimum of 1-3 years.
- Experience leading adult learning, minimum of 1-3 years.
- Experience or training working with volunteers.