Program Director - Childcare
|Position:||Program Director - Childcare|
|Salary Range:||$35,533 - $44,416/year|
If you enjoy leading and coaching others as well as challenging yourself and others to make the greatest community impact, consider joining our team. As our programs and reach in the community grow, so must our team. As the second Youth Programs Director with a focus on Elementary Aged youth you will be responsible for the development, growth, and overall daily operations of assigned youth programs (3-4 after-school program sites, elementary age intersession programs, and one summer program).
Position is responsible for the development, growth, and overall daily operations of all assigned youth programs (Day Camp, Specialty Day Camp, and assigned A+ and/or BSP sites). This position will ensure that all strategic and tactical goals of the branch and association are met and strive for a 3%-5% growth in programs annually. Position reports directly to the Senior Program Director.
1. VALUES – Supports the mission, vision, strategic plan, and direction of the YMCA: Embraces and supports the mission of the YMCA through the Four Core Values. Demonstrates a strong commitment to the YMCA and conveys enthusiasm in work ethic.
2. COMMUNITY – Actively engages members, participants, community partners, and other constituents to create a feeling of community through the YMCA. Models effective relationship building techniques and is able to draw upon such relationships to achieve the work of the YMCA.
3. INCLUSION – Ensures a quality experience for all members, participants, staff, and community members. Possesses the knowledge and ability to create and deliver exceptional experiences for all. Consistently greets and assists everyone in a positive way and responds to the needs of others. Delivers service that exceeds expectations and is able to respond to concerns or complaints in a way that makes each person feel valued. Identifies and develops opportunities to serve and involve all.
4. DEVELOPING OTHERS – Provides effective team leadership. Accepts accountability for his/herself as well as the team. Plans for the long-term and is able to work with individuals and teams to accomplish such goals. Develops and recognizes people and ensures that standards, policies, and procedures are met. Possesses organizational skills and ensures deadlines for him/herself as well as his/her team are met.
5. EMOTIONAL MATURITY – Uses effective personal behavior. Demonstrates the Four Core Values and is positive and professional. Actively listens and effectively communicates genuinely, clear, and pleasant. Gives constructive and clear feedback to staff and others, promotes performance improvements. Able to work through difficult situations with a clear, focused mind to ensure the safety, welfare, and best outcome for all.
• Must be able to walk into a room and enjoy the challenge of meeting new people
• Possess strong extrovert qualities
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, well organized and multi-task oriented
• Ability to manage conflict resolution, communicate and problem solve on a high level
• Requires understanding of child/teen development, group work process and general management as well as perform the full range of supervisory duties
• Knowledge of program fiscal management, ability to keep programs on budget and launch contingency plans when required
• Computer literate, proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Adobe, and Photoshop preferred. Ability to operate the YMCA’s internal software program (i.e. CLASS)
• Ability to report to work Monday-Sunday and holidays as needed. Position requires attendance at functions including overnight and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license with regular access to a vehicle and a clean driving history report
• CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
• TB Clearance
• 14 passenger mini bus certification (within the first 6 months of hire)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• One year minimum experience in program leading and planning preferred
• One year minimum experience working in childcare/teen or related human services programs including experience in conducting meetings and staff trainings