Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coach
|Position:||Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coach|
|Schedule:||Mornings between 7:00am - 11:00am|
|Location:||Leeward, Waianae and Honolulu|
|Salary Range:||$20.00 - $30.00/hour|
Facilitate delivery of YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program, provide support and guidance to program participants, and maintain fidelity to the curriculum.
Must have strong communication, organization, and relationship-building skills; the ability to build community within a group; good attention to detail; and empathy for health seekers. Must be flexible to work with people from different backgrounds and walks of life and in a wide variety of settings. Should be comfortable with data and possess strong computer skills. Cultural competency and understanding of behavior change are required. Familiarity and proficiency with YMCA’s Facilitating Change in Small Groups, and/or motivational interviewing highly encouraged.
- Ability to use facilitation strategies to engage a group in discussion focused on key content and shared learning;
- Strong relationship-building skills, and the ability to build relationships with individuals and within a group;
- Empathy for health seekers and understanding of behavior change;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Familiarity and proficiency with motivational interviewing skills;
- Flexibility to work with people from different backgrounds and in a variety of community settings;
- Cultural competence;
- Comfort with data and technology;
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate various class times and needs of the participants.
- TB test required
- CPR / 1st Aid required
- College degree preferred – Nutrition, Social Work, Public Health or similar field.
- 1-2 years of Facilitating Groups in Behavior Change experience preferred