Human Resource Director
|Position:||Human Resource Director|
The Human Resources Director supports the work of the YMCA that is committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The position oversees the development and implementation of talent management / human resources policies and procedures, plans and services, including recruitment, selection, legal compliance, Staff benefits, compensation, Staff relations, diversity and inclusion, employment practices and procedures, Staff communications and events for the Association that currently includes nine Branches and the Metropolitan Offices. This position coordinates efforts with the CEO, COO and CFO regarding HR issues, and supports the efforts of the Human Resources Committee of the Board.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or equivalent is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
• 5+ years of professional experience in the administration of the HR function and Staff development.
• Knowledge and professional experience in planning and policy, talent management, selection, compensation, benefits, training and Staff development, Staff relations, and performance management.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community, which requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
• Proficiency in business and human resources related computer applications, which may include talent management systems, time and attendance systems, etc.
• Ability to effectively interpret YMCA mission and goals, and implement an HR strategic plan that supports the Association’s strategic plan and vision.
• Senior human resources certification (SPHR or equivalent) preferred.
• TB clearance required.
APPLY BY: February 22, 2019