|Schedule:||Monday - Friday hours TBD|
Performs a variety of general repair and maintenance work in a building: keeps building or assigned areas in a building in a clean and orderly condition; tasks performed may involve heavy lifting, climbing and other strenuous work. Also, supervises the maintenance technicians and janitorial personnel. This position reports to the Associate Executive Director.
● Repair & maintain physical structure of the branch using a variety of hand or power tools.
● Do simple carpentry, plumbing, painting & electrical repair.
● Fix doors, locks, windows, hinges, catches, etc.
● Change plugs; replace worn wire, burned-out bulbs, etc.
● Unclog drains.
● Replace worn parts to keep restrooms & laundry in good repair.
● Install & repair screens, window panes, etc.
● Make estimates of cost, time & materials required to perform maintenance work.
● May call in skilled artisan for estimates for certain jobs.
● Use of heavy-duty (industrial) power-operated equipment.
● Trains maintenance technicians and janitorial staff
● Strong interpersonal skill
● Must be able to read and understand directions, specifically pertaining to the use of cleaning supplies and maintenance equipment.
● Able to work with others to achieve desired results.
● Exemplifies the YMCA mission of spirit, mind and body and the four pillars of character development: honesty, caring, responsibility and respect.
● High school diploma or equivalent preferred
● Valid driver’s license
● 1 year minimal maintenance supervisory experience