|Schedule:||various days from 9:00pm - 5:30am|
To build relationships to create a healthy environment for all staff and members of the YMCA. Keeps building or assigned areas in clean and orderly condition. Works under immediate supervision and in accordance with clearly prescribed procedures. Provide a safe facility for staff and members. This position reports to the Building Supervisor.
Under the direction of the Supervisor the janitor:
• Performs manual tasks for cleaning offices (includes vacuuming), Multi-Purpose Room, weight room, class rooms, locker rooms, pool deck, courtyard, parking lot, behind the building, etc.
• Sweeps, vacuums, scrubs, mops, waxes as appropriate
• Dusts, washes walls, woodwork, blinds, fixtures, cabinets, hardware, windows, furniture
• Cleans restrooms, showers, toilets and replenishes paper goods, liquid soap on a regular basis.
• Removes liquid and stains from surfaces
• Empties wastebaskets and removes trash during every shift
• May use light, power-operated cleaning equipment
• Reports necessary repairs or supplies needed immediately
• Must be able to read and understand directions, specifically pertaining to the use of cleaning supplies and equipment
• Exemplifies the YMCA mission of spirit, mind and body and the four pillars of character development: honesty, caring, responsibility and respect.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• 1 year minimal janitorial/maintenance experience
Apply to: email@example.com