Enrichment Instructor - UPLINK
|Position:||Enrichment Instructor - UPLINK|
Enrichment Instructors are responsible for ensuring the quality of enrichment activities of the
program model. Enrichment Instructors must provide a safe, nurturing, and inclusive
environment consistent with the program model and goals and ensure the success of
students. Enrichment Instructors will lead after school activities including, but not limited to
physical education, community time, college and career exploration, and academic support.
Enrichment Instructors report directly to the Site Coordinator and/or Program Director. All
UPLINK positions are dependent on the availability of funds and continuation of the UPLINK
- Monday-Friday Dismissal Bell to 5:30pm
- Dismissal bell varies between 12:30pm, 1:30pm, and 2:00pm
- Experience facilitating and/or coaching youth group activities required
- Experience engaging middle school youth in recreation, leadership development,
- service learning, civic engagement, college and career pathways, and other
- personal development areas
- Possess a collaborative and flexible mindset that elevates youth voice and
- provide opportunities in areas where the candidate may not have expertise
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills, well organized and
- multi-tasked oriented.
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel programs, with Windows XP, Publisher,
- Power Point/LCD projector preferred.
- Ability to operate other software applications as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Current enrollment in or graduation
- from a higher education program preferred.
- Experience facilitating youth group activities preferred
- General office operations experience preferred.
- The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certified (training available upon hire)