|Salary Range:||$38,000 - $40,000/year|
Position ensures the delivery of high quality services to children and teens involved in the Kauhale After-Care Recovery Program. Position reports directly to the Program Director.
- Provide direct services to youth on caseload weekly.
- Create an after-care recovery wellness plan with youth.
- Respond to referrals made to the program within 2-5 days.
- Actively seek out youth and engage them in services and activities.
- Understand, implement and maintain required documentation of all clients and program information by designated deadlines.
- Read and take responsibility for learning program material for working with youth in recovery.
- Responsible for learning and implementing the Beloved Community, Stages of
- Change, Living in Balance, and Kalihi YMCA After-Care Recovery Curriculum.
- Identify and assess problem areas for clients and develop a corresponding Action Plan.
- Develop working relationships with school officials, businesses, and key community programs and service providers.
- Be available to meet with youth in school, in the community, and when school is out.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing activities for youth on caseload.
- Follow-up with the PD for budget and supply requests.
- Able to perform the full range of client care services related duties required in the delivery of Outreach services to adolescents.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and consistently achieve program expectations.
- Facilitate and understand the dynamics of Individual and Group counseling sessions.
- Ability to speak in public and present information about adolescent issues and YMCA programs.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity to serving a culturally diverse population.
- Demonstrate safe and defensive driving skills.
- Have knowledge of community resources and how to access them.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School and 2 years work experience with youth may be substituted for the Degree.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Current First AID and CPR Certificate.
- Current State and Federal Criminal History Record Check and Clearance
- Experience working with at-risk adolescents in outreach setting preferred