Health & Fitness
Chronic Disease Programs
COVID-19 Update on Enhance Fitness
Although our Enhance Fitness class is temporarily paused, we offer a range of classes for arthritis management and fall prevention. Please see our class schedule or contact the Call Center for the latest class offerings at 808.678.4296 or email@example.com
Take Control of Your Arthritis with Enhance®Fitness
Treat arthritis as you have fun, laugh, and make friends.
Enhance®Fitness is a proven community-based senior fitness and arthritis management program. It is designed to help older adults become more active, energized, and empowered for independent living.
The 16-week program consists of low impact exercise classes that are safe and challenging for older adults of all fitness levels that reduces arthritis symptoms and improves endurance, strength, balance and flexibility.
Led by certified instructors in a relaxed atmosphere that promotes fun, laughter, friendship and smiles, Enhance®Fitness has been recognized by the CDC and other national organizations committed to improving the health of older adults.
If you are living with arthritis or have similar symptoms, stop by your nearest YMCA branch to enroll!
Enhance®Fitness Is Proven To Help:
- Relieve arthritis symptoms
- Improve balance, strength & flexibility
- Boost activity levels
- Elevate your mood
Enhance®Fitness Program Rates:
- $29.00 for Y Members
- $169.00 for Non-Members (includes 4 month complimentary membership)
Each Enhance®Fitness Class INCLUDES:
- A certified instructor trained to bring out your physical best
- A 5-minute warm-up to get your blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics or walking workout to lively music
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle or wrist weights
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep your muscles flexible
- Multiple balance exercises
- Lots of opportunities to socialize and make new friends