High School Seniors or First/Second Year College Students - Paid Summer Internship
The Pacific Health Analytics Collaborative at the University of Hawaiʻi works to build the local health analytics workforce through hands-on, real-world, applied learning opportunities. We highly encourage women, minorities, and those who shy from data to apply. Data science and health analytics are for everyone. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Sunja Kim at [email protected].
Summer Journalism Paid Internship
Launch your exciting media career with a paid summer internship! Your future starts here. Get experience and on-the-job training in print, online, or broadcast media.
Apply today. Visit hawaiispj.org for an application. Deadline is April 1, 2021.
Full-time internships (10 weeks at 40 hours/week) with a $4,040 salary:
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser (daily newspaper), Hawaii (bimonthly travel magazine), Hawaii Business (monthly business magazine), Honolulu (monthly city magazine), Honolulu Civil Beat (online news), Hawaii News Now (TV news), KITV 4 (TV news)
Part-time internships (8 weeks at 29 hours/week) with a $2,343 salary:
- KHON 2 (TV news), Hawaii Public Radio (radio news)
- Any student enrolled in a college or university in Hawaii. Hawaii residents enrolled in a college or university outside Hawaii. College students who attended school in Hawaii or who live in Hawaii now. Recent graduates who graduated no earlier than May 2020.
- Visit hawaiispj.org to fill out an online application form.
- Write a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you want an internship, list your relevant coursework or news media experience, and include three references with their contact information. Include writing or video samples of your news media work. You can send these as URL links; pdfs, Word, or .txt files; wmv files for video; or wav files for audio. Send all materials labeled with your name to spjintern[email protected]mail.com.