Middle and High School
The YMCA is an organization built on the idea of volunteerism and service Sir George Williams was only 22 years old when he started the YMCA in 1844 in London England Today, the YMCA impacts millions within communities in 121 countries Whatever your age, you have the power to impact others and make a difference Below are opportunities to get engaged, but if you, your club, or your school is interested in doing a project together, reach out to us and let's see what we can do - TOGETHER.
Please contact Teen Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email list or inquire about volunteering.
High School Teen Summer Internships
Ages: Completed 9th to 11th Grade
Dates: 9 Week Option: June 1 to July 30, 4 Week Option: June 1 to June 25, and 5 Week Option: June 28 to July 30. Dates do not include training. Times vary by branch.
Locations: Atherton, Camp Erdman, Kaimuki-Waialae, Kalihi, Leeward, Mililani, Nu'uanu & Windward
Cost/Application Process: Free. Acceptance by application only:
- View current internship opportunities below.
- Complete and email the YMCA Volunteer Application Form by April 30, to email@example.com
- Applicants will be contacted to go through an interview and reference check process.
Volunteer summer internships are available at your local YMCA Branch this summer! Interns will gain a deeper understanding of non-profit organizational work in our community, explore their personal strengths, develop new skills, and discover their career options. At the end of their service, interns receive a letter of completion which can be used for applications for scholarships, college and other program.
If you are looking for opportunities to volunteer for school or to prepare for college, let us help High school students are joining us from across the island Chat with our YMCA staff so we can create a meaningful experience that will benefit you in high school, college, and beyond High school volunteers are currently serving in positions below:
- Promotions & Marketing - help the Atherton YMCA and college mentors get the word out to other high school students about the opportunities available.
- Leadership Development & Planning - if you don't see something on the calendar of events that would benefit your circle of friends or classmates, plan something that will YMCA staff and college students will coach you in planning, organizing, and implementing an event of your own.
- Teach Others - do you have a special talent, skill, or passion you're interested in sharing with others? Music, language, or dance perhaps? Anything you feel comfortable sharing and teaching others? You can teach younger students or anyone interested in learning Our YMCA staff and college mentors will coach you in planning, organizing, implementing, and marketing your workshop or series!
All volunteers (regardless of age) must complete a YMCA Volunteer Application If you are a minor, the YMCA will still complete 3 reference checks and require your parent/guardian's signature All volunteers 18 years of age and older must also pass a criminal background check Once on board, volunteers complete an online training on child abuse prevention and will receive coaching by our YMCA team.
If you are interested, email us! firstname.lastname@example.org.