The Y is Open: Clean. Safe. Welcoming.
Y Facility Updates:
Last updated October 11, 2021
In compliance with the Safe Access Oahu vaccination and testing order, beginning Monday, September 13, anyone who is 12 years and older1, including any individuals who want to – or are required to – stay more than 15 minutes2 inside a Y facility3 during their child’s program or they are vendor making repairs, must show proof of being fully vaccinated or a negative COVID-19 test4 taken within 48 hours of entry before being allowed to enter a YMCA facility.
1Children under the age of 12 are exempt from this order and do not need to show proof of vaccination or test results.
2Individuals inside a Y facility for 15 minutes or less during a 24-hour period do not need to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test
3The City and County has exempted our Y's outdoor pool areas from the order with the condition that individuals 12 years and older, who do not verify their vaccination or testing status, must stay within our outdoor pool area and not use any indoor portions of our Y facilities except for the restrooms.
4City orders allow at-home FDA EUA (Emergency Use Approved) COVID-19 test kit results to be accepted, but require that the photo of the test result is taken with the tester's ID and proof of date taken included in the photo. Please have a newspaper, or online news source, or computer or phone with the date stamp visible and your ID next to the test result when the photo is taken.
Fully vaccinated Y members can show proof of their vaccination status at our Welcome Center and have it noted on their YMCA ActiveNet accounts. Once verified, members can scan in and enter Y facilities without having to present vaccination proof on subsequent visits. If not fully vaccinated, please show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of entry.
All program participants who are 12 years and older, including any individuals who want to – or are required to – stay more than 15 minutes inside a Y facility3 during their child’s program or are a vendor making repairs, must show proof of being fully vaccinated or a negative COVID-19 test taken with 48 hours of entry - EACH TIME they enter the Y.
Note: Fully-vaccinated Day Camp participants and Y Members just need to show proof of their vaccination once to update their YMCA ActiveNet account.
Verifying Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test
1. ID Verification: Y Members may scan in, all others, please show identification (ID)5 that includes your name and either your photo or your date of birth. Information on your ID must match your vaccine card or test result.
2. Show proof of full vaccination via a:
- hard copy of a vaccination card; or
- photograph/digital copy of a vaccination card; or
- Hawai‘i state-approved digital/smart device application confirming full vaccination status [including via the Safe Travels program/application]; or
- Hawai'i SMART Health Card.
Show proof of a negative COVID-19 Test6 taken within the last 48 hours of entry.
5Minors age 12 to 17 may have their parent/guardian/supervisor who is with the minor, verbally confirm their identity if they do not have an ID.
6City orders allow at-home FDA EUA (Emergency Use Approved) COVID-19 test kit results to be accepted, but require that the photo of the test result is taken with the tester's ID and proof of date taken included in the photo. Please have a newspaper, or online news source, or computer or phone with the date stamp visible and your ID next to the test result when the photo is taken.
Swim Lesson Participants
Our current policy remains in effect that a parent/guardian who is 18 years or older must be present and supervise children under the age of 13 in the pool area or during swim lessons.
The City and County has exempted our Y's outdoor pool areas from the order with the condition that individuals 12 years and older, who do not verify their vaccination or testing status, must stay within our outdoor pool area and not use any indoor portions of our Y facilities except for the restrooms.
To comply with the City's new ruling, the following procedures will be in place for these individuals:
- Please come dressed to use the pool. While you will have access to our restrooms, you will not have access to our locker rooms and showers. All of our pool areas have outdoor showers that you can use.
- When you arrive, check in at the Welcome Center and let our staff know that you are choosing to access just our outdoor pool area and will not be verifying your vaccination or testing status.
- You will be provided a wristband to wear and asked to stay within the outdoor pool area at all times, except to use the restroom if needed.
YMCA Facility Day Camp Participants
Participants who are 12 years of age and older in Day Camps in YMCA Branch facilities must comply with the Order. Fully vaccinated participants just need to show their ID and proof of their vaccination once on their first day of program to update their YMCA ActiveNet account. If not fully vaccinated, participants will need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of entry.
For more details on the City and County of Honolulu's Safe Access Oahu, click here.
Current Y Facility guidelines in compliance with Governor David Ige's Executive State Order issued on August 10, 2021:
Optional when outdoors or in the pool, but masks covering the nose and mouth must be worn at all times when indoors.
Health & Fitness Centers
Advance reservations are not required to use our outdoor and indoor fitness and wellness facility areas – which include our cardio and strength training machines, free weights, functional and HIIT equipment and workout rooms.
Y members can use any of our facilities at any time during our hours of operation.
Advance reservations are highly recommended. While “walk-in” spaces may be available, making a reservation ensures you have a spot!
can reserve their pool or group class spot up to two days in advance,
beginning at 8 am, using our online reservation system (MotionVibe).
Members may have only 1 "open" reservation for each of the following pool activities at a time. You will need to complete your current pool reservations before you are able to make another reservation.
- 55-minute "Pool Lane Access" [Up to 2 members will be assigned per lane at all branches except Kaimuki, which is 1 member per lane.]
- 55-minute use of a section of the pool for individual "Stationary Water Exercise."
- 55-minute use of a section of the pool for "Family Swim" [up to 5 members of a Y Family Membership living in the same household].
Group Exercise Classes
Advance reservations are highly recommended. You may have up to 2 "open" in-person group exercise classes at a time. You may have unlimited live stream class reservations. Please arrive 15 minutes in advance for in-person classes and log in 10 minutes in advance for virtual live stream classes.
- Indoor Classes: Limited to up to 9 members per class pending space to allow for social distancing.
- Outdoor Classes: Limited to 24 members per class pending space to allow for social distancing.
- Pool Classes: Limited to 24 members per class pending space to allow for social distancing.
- Live Stream Classes: Log in 10 minutes before class. Participants will not be admitted 5 minutes after class starts.
- Each session limited to 10 members for half-court basketball free play and 8 members playing as doubles in 2 pickleball courts.
- Basketball and pickleball equipment is available to check out.
- Pickleball game instructions/rules available at Welcome Center or can be scanned via QR Code.
- Reserve your session via our online and/or mobile app reservation system. Basketball and Pickleball court reservations are under Nu'uanu Y Branch and under the programs category.
We are following current guidelines of the CDC and State officials in order to help protect our members, staff and community. Safety measures include:
- Asking Y members, program participants and staff to stay home if feeling unwell, have a fever or are mandated to quarantine by the State of Hawaii.
- Requiring face masks (covering nose and mouth) to be worn at all times, except when outdoors or in the pool.
- Maintaining physical distancing with facility capacity limits, rearrangement of fitness equipment and machines and safety signage and floor markings.
- CDC guided cleaning protocols and members are asked to clean equipment before and after use. (Our Y members have been fantastic in doing this to help keep us all safe!)
- Promoting frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Having all staff trained on our protocols to ensure safe and clean spaces.