The Y is Open: Clean. Safe. Welcoming.
Branch Capacity Dashboard
You no longer need a reservation to exercise in the fitness areas of the Y! To help plan your visit, monitor our Y capacity in real time. The graphs below show the current amount of people checked in relative to the facility capacity (based on COVID-19 guidelines):
Y Facility Updates:
Last updated June 17, 2021
Effective May 31, 2021, Y members, guests, program participants and staff are no longer required to wear masks when outdoors. However, masks covering the nose and mouth are still required in all indoor Y areas.
The City & County of Honolulu is currently in Tier 4. Our Y facilities' City directed capacity is now at 50%. Indoor classes are still limited to 9 members, but capacity has been increased for outdoor classes and pool exercise classes. Please see below for more details.
Health & Fitness Centers
Advance reservations are not required to use our outdoor and indoor fitness and wellness facility areas – which include our cardio and strength training machines, free weights, functional and HIIT equipment and workout rooms.
Y members can use any of our facilities at any time during our hours of operation. Capacity will be controlled by asking our members to scan in and out of our facilities.
If we should reach full capacity at certain times, members will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
Advance reservations are highly recommended. While “walk-in” spaces may be available, making a reservation ensures you have a spot!
can reserve their pool or group class spot up to two days in advance,
beginning at 8 am, using our online reservation system (MotionVibe).
Members may have only 1 "open" reservation for each of the following pool activities at a time. You will need to complete your current pool reservations before you are able to make another reservation.
- 50-minute "Pool Lane Access" [Limited to up to 2 members per lane at all branches except Kaimuki, which is 1 member per lane.]
- 50-minute use of a section of the pool for individual "Stationary Water Exercise."
- 50-minute use of a section of the pool for "Family Swim" [up to 5 members of a Y Family Membership living in the same household].
Group Exercise Classes
Advance reservations are highly recommended. You may have only 1 "open" in-person group exercise class at a time. You will need to complete your current in-person group exercise class before you are able to make another reservation. You may have unlimited live stream class reservations. Please arrive 15 minutes in advance for in-person classes and log in 10 minutes in advance for virtual live stream classes.
- Indoor Classes: Limited to up to 9 members per class at all branches.
- Outdoor Classes: Limited to 9 members per class at Kalihi, 16 members per class at Leeward, and 14 members per class at Nu'uanu.
- Pool Classes: Limited to 16 members per class at Kaimuki, 24 members per class at Leeward, 20 members per class at Mililani, 18 members per class at Nu'uanu, and 20 members per class at Windward.
- Live Stream Classes: Log in 10 minutes before class. Participants will not be admitted 5 minutes after class starts.
We are following the strict guidelines of the CDC and State officials in order to help protect our members, staff and community. Safety measures include:
- Asking Y members, program participants and staff to stay home if feeling unwell, have a fever or are mandated to quarantine by the State of Hawaii.
- Requiring face masks (covering nose and mouth) to be worn at all times, except when outdoors or in the pool.
- Maintaining physical distancing with facility capacity limits, rearrangement of fitness equipment and machines and safety signage and floor markings.
- CDC guided cleaning protocols and members are asked to clean equipment before and after use. (Our Y members have been fantastic in doing this to help keep us all safe!)
- Promoting frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Having all staff trained on our protocols to ensure safe and clean spaces.