Volunteers are key to the success of the YMCA. Our staff depends on the talent and the extra hands that make everything we do a little extra special. The YMCA of Honolulu is thankful to have the support and dedication of thousands of volunteers every year who support our work, our values and our mission to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure. There are a multitude of rewards in volunteering at the Y. You get to meet new people and make new friends. You can volunteer to work with the age groups and activities that interest you the most. You can volunteer on days or hours that are best for you.
The Y is always in need of specific skills and services. If you’d like to help us out, give us a call. We could use your services.
STEPS TO BECOMING A VOLUNTEER:
- Complete an Application
- Speak to one of our Talent Management or Program Staff
- YMCA completes reference checks with 3 individuals
- Criminal Background & Sex Offender Registry check
- Volunteer completes additional volunteer paperwork
- Volunteer completes online Child Abuse Prevention training and any other department/program specific training needed.
WHERE CURRENT VOLUNTEERS ARE SERVING:
- LEADERSHIP: All YMCA Board Members and committee members are volunteers.
& OPERATIONS: You can support our many programs and departments.
Whether it's in the pool, in our after-school programs, evening or
weekend events for teens, administration, or welcoming the community
into our doors, there's a place for you! The YMCA is always looking for
innovative program ideas to address the community's most pressing
needs. Volunteers are addressing the climate crisis, reaching out to
isolated Kupuna, perpetuating cultural education, and tutoring youth