Day Camp (Intersession) Program
Spring Day Camp
The YMCA of Honolulu is offering an enriching program for year-round students during their spring break. We provide a safe, fun environment for children to continue learning and developing while they are out of school.
|March 14-18, 2022
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Day Camp: Grades K-5
Na Alaka'i: Grades 6-8
Specialty Day Camps: Grades 3-8
|Day Camps & Na Alaka'i
Regular Rate: $245/week
Y Family Member Rate: $196/week
*Lunch is included!
Specialty Day Camps
Regular Rate: $295/week
Y Family Member Rate: $236/week
*Included Lunch is pending at the Nu'uanu Congregational Church Day Camp and Specialty Camp site. Please check back for updates.
Day Camp (Grades K-5)
The Y’s intersession programs continue to be a familiar place where children can be safe, active, learn and keep engaged during their time out of school. Through a balanced approach to youth development, the Y offers a range of activities, mentorship, and literacy lessons to maintain learning. Leaders guide youth through activities that help to develop their interests, social skills, and confidence to thrive.
Nā Alaka'i (Grades 6-8)
Nā Alaka'i addresses the immediate and future needs of middle-school teens and local communities across Oahu with a focus on the skills needed to thrive in school and in a post-COVID-19 world. In addition to physical activity, teambuilding, and character development through the YMCA’s Five Core Values of honesty, caring, responsibility, respect, and diversity, program activities will focus on:
- Community and Culture: Elevating youth voice, social connection, service learning, diversity, and developing the skills necessary to be a YMCA Changemaker.
- Life Skills: Sewing, cooking, balancing a budget, personal wellness, and completing do-it-yourself building projects to develop independence skills.
- College and Career Exploration: Staff mentors and guest community leaders will help teens connect their current interests and passions with college and career opportunities.
- Mental Health Awareness: Guiding teens in developing personal resilience and confidence while learning positive coping methods and ways to support their peers and loved ones in a safe, nurturing environment.
Specialty Day Camps at Nu'uanu Congregational Church (Grades 3 - 8)
Specialty Day Camps are an exciting way for campers to dive into an interest for a full week. Choose from Cooking, E-Sports and Sports Fundamentals.
The YMCA of Honolulu believes its programs and services should be accessible to everyone. Through the generosity of donors, the YMCA is able to provide financial assistance to those families in need. Financial assistance will be awarded based on availability of funds and on a first come, first serve basis. For details, please click here.
(Optional Bus Transportation available from Sunset Elementary or Waialua Elementary for an additional $55)
(Rate: $220/week, Y Family Member Rate Not Available)
|Nu'uanu Congregational Church||Register||
|Specialty Day Camps at Nu'uanu Congregational Church
Refunds & Cancellations
Cancellations are subject to a processing fee:
- Prior to start of program - refund less 30% (or up to $50.00)
- On the first day of program prorated refund less 30% (or up to $50 00)
- No refunds or credits after the first day of program
Late Pick-Up Fees (Effective as of April 19, 2021)
There is a charge of $5.00 for each 5-minute increment of care, that will be assessed for parents/guardians arriving after the pick-up window (e.g. pick up between 1-5 minutes late will result in $5.00, 6-10 minutes late will result in $10.00, etc.). Please have your exact amount of payment available as our staff do not have access to change, or the charge will be added to your electronic fund transfer account.
Registrations are accepted at any YMCA of Honolulu location or you may register online here. Space is limited, so register early!