Day Camp (Intersession) Program
Winter Day Camp Program
The YMCA of Honolulu is offering an enriching program for year-round students during their fall break. We provide a safe, fun environment for children to continue learning and developing while they are out of school.
|December 20-23 and 27-30, 2021
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Day Camp: Grades K-5
Na Alaka'i: Grades 6-8
|Regular Rate: $196/week
Y Family Member Rate: $157/week
Day Camp (Grades K-5)
The Y’s intersession programs continue to be a familiar place where children can be safe, active, learn and keep engaged during their time out of school. Through a balanced approach to youth development, the Y offers a range of activities, mentorship, and literacy lessons to maintain learning. Leaders guide youth through activities that help to develop their interests, social skills, and confidence to thrive.
Nā Alaka'i (Grades 6-8)
Nā Alaka'i addresses the immediate and future needs of middle-school teens and local communities across Oahu with a focus on the skills needed to thrive in school and in a post-COVID-19 world. In addition to physical activity, teambuilding, and character development through the YMCA’s Five Core Values of honesty, caring, responsibility, respect, and diversity, program activities will focus on:
- Community and Culture: Elevating youth voice, social connection, service learning, diversity, and developing the skills necessary to be a YMCA Changemaker.
- Life Skills: Sewing, cooking, balancing a budget, personal wellness, and completing do-it-yourself building projects to develop independence skills.
- College and Career Exploration: Staff mentors and guest community leaders will help teens connect their current interests and passions with college and career opportunities.
- Mental Health Awareness: Guiding teens in developing personal resilience and confidence while learning positive coping methods and ways to support their peers and loved ones in a safe, nurturing environment.
The YMCA of Honolulu believes its programs and services should be accessible to everyone. Through the generosity of donors, the YMCA is able to provide financial assistance to those families in need. Financial assistance will be awarded based on availability of funds and on a first come, first serve basis. An application can be obtained at any YMCA of Honolulu location.
(Rate: $176/week, Member Rate Not Available)
|Nu'uanu Congregational Church||Register||Register||---||---|
Refunds & Cancellations
Cancellations are subject to a processing fee:
- Prior to start of program - refund less 30% (or up to $50.00)
- On the first day of program prorated refund less 30% (or up to $50 00)
- No refunds or credits after the first day of program
Late Pick-Up Fees (Effective as of April 19, 2021)
There is a charge of $5.00 for each 5-minute increment of care, that will be assessed for parents/guardians arriving after the pick-up window (e.g. pick up between 1-5 minutes late will result in $5.00, 6-10 minutes late will result in $10.00, etc.). Please have your exact amount of payment available as our staff do not have access to change, or the charge will be added to your electronic fund transfer account.
Registrations are accepted at any YMCA of Honolulu location or you may register online here. Space is limited, so register early!