Youth & Adult Programs
Day Camp (Intersession) Program
Winter Day Camp Program
We offer an enriching program year-round for children and teens during their winter break. Your keiki can continue learning and developing in a fun and safe environment while they are out of school.
New! We're now including our Y's Mental Wellness activities in our youth programs to keep your keiki healthy in mind, spirit, and body! We delivered our first mental wellness pilot program this past summer at Camp Erdman called Resilience Camp and expanded it to 3 intersession program locations this fall.
The results were so impactful that we are now including the curriculum in our all of our Winter Day Camps and other youth programs. Surveys showed:
- 85% of youth became more aware of their mental health condition
- 94% learned the importance of core values, how to communicate and socialize with others, and what to do when bullied
- 72% gained new coping skills
- 87% increased their support network including making new friends
Register today for your Day Camp spot!
|December 19-23 and 27-30, 2022
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Day Camp: Grades K-5
Na Alaka'i: Grades 6-8
|Week 1: 12/19-12/23
Regular Rate: $250/week
Y Family Member Rate: $200/week
Week 2: 12/27-12/30
Regular Rate: $200/week
Y Family Member Rate: $160/week
Day Camp (For Ages 5-10 or Grades K-5)
Program activities include sports, outdoor play, arts and crafts, science, cooking, story time, swimming, field trips, games, mental wellness activities, and much more.
Nā Alaka'i (For Ages 10-13 or Grades 6-8)
Nā Alaka'i addresses the immediate and future needs of middle-school teens and local communities across Oahu with a focus on the skills needed to thrive in school and our community. In addition to physical activity, teambuilding, and character development through the YMCA’s Five Core Values of honesty, caring, responsibility, respect, and diversity, program activities will focus on:
- Community and Culture: Elevating youth voice, social connection, service learning, diversity, and developing the skills necessary to be a YMCA Changemaker.
- Life Skills: Sewing, cooking, balancing a budget, personal wellness, and completing do-it-yourself building projects to develop independence skills.
- College and Career Exploration: Staff mentors and guest community leaders will help teens connect their current interests and passions with college and career opportunities.
- Mental Wellness: Guiding teens in developing personal resilience and confidence while learning positive coping methods and ways to support their peers and loved ones in a safe, nurturing environment.
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe space for youth to thrive and will continue to follow all current City, and State ordinances.
Masks are optional at YMCA facilities and programs, however, our YMCA will continue to:
- Support anyone who chooses to continue to wear a mask.
- Ask program participants, members, and staff to stay home if feeling unwell, have a fever.
- Encourage frequent hand-washing and/or use of hand sanitizer dispenser and cleaning per CDC guidelines.
Stay Home when Sick
If you have symptoms of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and gastrointestinal infections should stay home and get tested for COVID-19. Free test kits are available at the Y, please be sure to keep a test kit at home.
COVID-19 Symptoms or Positive COVID-19 Test Result
- Individuals who have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, must isolate for five days. Return to program when all the following conditions are met:
- Five full days have passed since symptoms first appeared or, if asymptomatic, five days after the positive test was collected; and
- No fever for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications; and
- Symptoms have improved; and
- Must wear a well-fitting mask around others indoors from day 6 to day 10 after completing home isolation. Individuals unable or unwilling to wear a mask and have tested positive must remain at home for 10 days, regardless of vaccination status.
Notify Your Y If You Have a Positive COVID-19 Test Result:
- Date of your positive test or onset of symptoms.
- Dates you were last at the Y or in program.
- You may notify our Y by contacting your program site director, or the Executive Director of your Y Branch, or call our Service Center at 808.678.4296, Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- The Y will notify close contacts and provide:
- The date of their possible last close contact to a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Ask that they follow exposure guidelines noted below.
- The identity of the person positive with COVID-19 WILL NOT be disclosed.
Individuals Who Have Known or Potential Exposure to COVID-19
- Quarantine is no longer required following exposure to someone with COVID-19 at school or program settings.
- Individuals who were exposed to COVID-19 may continue to attend program if asymptomatic.
- If symptoms develop, immediately self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19.
- Test at least 5 days after exposure, even if not having symptoms.
- Wear a mask indoors at school/work for 10 days following exposure.
The YMCA of Honolulu believes its programs and services should be accessible to everyone. Through the generosity of donors, the YMCA is able to provide financial assistance to those families in need. Financial assistance will be awarded based on availability of funds and on a first come, first serve basis. For details, please click here.
Must be Nu'uanu Elementary student. May be cancelled if required minimum enrollment of 30 per week is not met.
Refunds & Cancellations
Cancellations are subject to a processing fee:
- Prior to start of program - refund less 30% (or up to $50.00)
- On the first day of program prorated refund less 30% (or up to $50 00)
- No refunds or credits after the first day of program
Late Pick-Up Fees
There is a charge of $5.00 for each 5-minute increment of care, that will be assessed for parents/guardians arriving after the pick-up window (e.g. pick up between 1-5 minutes late will result in $5.00, 6-10 minutes late will result in $10.00, etc.). Please have your exact amount of payment available as our staff do not have access to change, or the charge will be added to your electronic fund transfer account.
Registrations are accepted at any YMCA of Honolulu location or you may register online here. Space is limited, so register early!