Youth & Adult Programs
Preschool & Early Learning Programs
For Ages 2-5
94-440 Mokuola Street, Waipahu
YMCA Pali Nu'uanu Preschool
[Formerly the Children's Center at Nu'uanu Congregational Church]
2651 Pali Hwy, Honolulu
Our full-day preschools strive to:
- Create and foster a home-like environment that allows children to feel comfortable and safe while developing close relationships.
- Support, empower, encourage, and cultivate each child to recognize their own personal value.
- Incorporate a culturally diverse curriculum that represents Hawaii’s richly diverse demographic.
- Provide enriching experiences through the immersion of arts, culture, music, creative expression, and literature with opportunities for exploration and discovery and environmental awareness.
- Foster enjoyment in activities that support physical development.
- Provide exciting learning opportunities that nurture cognitive, social-emotional, physical and creative development to ensure each child is well prepared to enter school.
Click to schedule a Tour of YMCA Leeward Y Preschool
Call 808-347-9667 to schedule a Tour of YMCA Pali Nu'uanu Preschool
YMCA Leeward Y Preschool: 7:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday
YMCA Pali Nu'uanu Preschool (Formerly the Children's Center at Nu'uanu Congregational Church): 7:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
Closed on all Federal and State Holidays, as well as Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- Full-Day Preschool: Monday – Friday (7:00am – 4:00pm for Leeward Y Site and 7:30am - 4:30pm for Pali Site at Nu'uanu Congregational Church): $1,287 per month; $1,158 for Family Y members.
Financial Assistance is available. View State, City and Private Funder Financial Assistance options below.
Late Pick-Up Fees:
There is a charge of $5.00 for each 5-minute increment of care, that will be assessed for parents/guardians arriving after the pick-up window (e.g. pick up between 1-5 minutes late will result in $5.00, 6-10 minutes late will result in $10.00, etc.). Please have your exact amount of payment available as our staff do not have access to change, or the charge will be added to your electronic fund transfer account.
- Child Care Connection Hawaii
- Preschool Open Doors (POD) Program:
- Based on household size and income up to 60% financial assistance is provided thanks to generous Y donors.
- Details & Apply
- Stay Home When Unwell: To promote a safe environment for all youth participants and our staff; please do not send your child to preschool if they have a fever or are not feeling well.
- Face Masks: Although the State indoor mask mandate has been lifted, families are encouraged to monitor COVID-19 community levels and if medium to high, are recommended to send their children to program with masks to wear indoors. Use the CDC COVID-10 Community Level tracker to check current levels.
- COVID-19 Exposure or Positive Test: If your child is exposed to someone with COVID-19, please have your child wear a mask for 10 days after exposure. If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please follow CDC guidelines which includes staying home and isolating from others for at least 5 days, and wearing a mask for at least 10 days. Day 1 is the first full day following the day your child tested positive or started symptoms.
Please escort or pick up your child to or from their classroom and be sure to sign them in and out.
Drop off and pick up your child between hours listed below. If there are circumstances in which your family needs a later drop off time for a specific day, please call the preschool site location.
YMCA Leeward Y Preschool: 808-445-1449
Drop Off / Pick Up: 7:00am - 7:30 am and 3:30pm - 4:00 pm
YMCA Pali Nu'uanu Preschool [at Nu'uanu Congregational Church, formerly The Children's Center]: 808-347-9667
Drop Off / Pick Up: 7:30am - 8:00am and 4:00pm - 4:30pm
Please ensure your child brings the following items each day:
- Wet Wipes
- At least one change of clothes. Please label all items.
- A blanket/sleeping mat for the child during quiet and rest times
- A jacket
- Foot wear for outdoor play
- A daily lunch and 2 daily snacks (morning and afternoon) for children enrolled in full day program OR A daily lunch and 1 daily snack for children enrolled in part-time program
- A daily or refillable water bottle
- 3 Composition books (ruled)
- If child needs to wear a mask, please have an extra mask in a ziplock bag with their name on it.
For more information, please contact the Welcome Center at 808-671-6495.
- We recommend a pre-registration interview with the Preschool Staff and a tour of the preschool facilities. An appointment can be made by calling 808-671-6495 or via online here for our YMCA Leeward Y Preschool, or calling 808-347-9667 for our YMCA Pali Nu'uanu Preschool. Registration packets are issued at the pre-registration interview.
- Forms included in the packet will need to be completed and returned to us in-person. All forms must be filled out completely and submitted along with documentation that the required immunizations are up to date before your child can be admitted into our program.
- While children are accepted into the preschool program for one school year (August – May) with the option to enroll in the summer and intersession programs for an additional fee, we do accept applications on a rolling basis as space permits.
- At the time of registration, payment must be submitted for the child’s first month of program. Tuition for subsequent months may be paid in full or in quarterly or monthly installments and can be made online or in-person.