Youth & Adult Programs
Preschool & Early Learning Programs
Full-Day Preschool: Kid's Prep
For Ages 2-5
Our full-day preschools strive to:
- Create and foster a home-like environment that allows children to feel comfortable and safe while developing close relationships.
- Support, empower, encourage, and cultivate each child to recognize their own personal value.
- Incorporate a culturally diverse curriculum that represents Hawaii’s richly diverse demographic.
- Provide enriching experiences through the immersion of arts, culture, music, creative expression, and literature with opportunities for exploration and discovery and environmental awareness.
- Foster enjoyment in activities that support physical development.
- Provide exciting learning opportunities that nurture cognitive, social-emotional, physical and creative development to ensure each child is well prepared to enter school.
7:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Closed on all Federal and State Holidays, as well as Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- Full-Day Preschool: Monday – Friday (7:00am – 4:00pm): $1,287 per month; $1,158 for Family Y members.
Financial Assistance is available. View State, City and Private Funder Financial Assistance options below.
Late Pick-Up Fees (Effective as of April 19, 2021):
There is a charge of $5.00 for each 5-minute increment of care, that will be assessed for parents/guardians arriving after the pick-up window (e.g. pick up between 1-5 minutes late will result in $5.00, 6-10 minutes late will result in $10.00, etc.). Please have your exact amount of payment available as our staff do not have access to change, or the charge will be added to your electronic fund transfer account.
- Based on household size and income up to 60% financial assistance is provided thanks to generous Y donors.
- Details & Apply
- To promote a safe environment for all youth participants and our staff; please do not send your child to preschool if they have a fever or are not feeling well.
- Face Masks: Masks are required when indoors by staff and participants in our preschool and early learning programs. Although the State indoor mask mandate has been lifted as of March 26, our preschool and early learning programs are regulated by the Hawaii State Department of Human Services which still requires masks to be worn when indoors. For children 2 years and younger, we ask that you send a mask to program with your child every day. We will practice periodic mask wearing with the children and use it as a learning experience.
Please drop off and pick up your child between hours listed below. If there are circumstances in which your family needs a later drop off time for a specific day, please call the Y Branch.
Leeward Y: 808-445-1449
||Drop Off||Pick Up|
Drop off and pick up is done curbside with parents and guardians remaining in their cars. When you arrive in the drop off lane, your child's temperature is taken, and you will be asked a short series of health screening questions by a staff member who is wearing gloves, eye protection, and a mask. A staff member then escorts your child to wash their hands and then to their assigned group. During pickup, YMCA staff members are not permitted to buckle any child into their car seat.
Please ensure your child brings the following items each day:
- Mask in a ziplock bag with their name on it.
- Wet Wipes
- At least one change of clothes. Please label all items.
- A blanket/sleeping mat for the child during quiet and rest times
- A jacket
- Foot wear for outdoor play
- A daily lunch and 2 daily snacks (morning and afternoon) for children enrolled in full day program OR A daily lunch and 1 daily snack for children enrolled in part-time program
- A daily or refillable water bottle
- 3 Composition books (ruled)
For more information, please contact the Welcome Center at 808-671-6495.
- We recommend a pre-registration interview with the Preschool Staff and a tour of the center facilities. An appointment can be made by calling 808-671-6495 or online here. Registration packets are issued at the pre-registration interview.
- If you have already spoken to one of our staff, you may download a registration packet here.
- Forms included in the packet will need to be completed and returned to us in-person. All forms must be filled out completely and submitted along with documentation that the required immunizations are up to date before your child can be admitted into our program.
- Children are accepted into the preschool program for one school year (August – May) with the option to enroll in the summer and intersession programs for an additional fee. We do accept applications on a rolling basis as space permits.
- At the time of registration, payment must be submitted for the child’s first month of program. Tuition for subsequent months may be paid in full or in quarterly or monthly installments and can be made online or in-person.
- Download the 2021-22 Parent Handbook to review our policies.