Youth & Adult Programs
Sports, Dance & Arts
Performing & Visual Arts
Leeward Y: Ukulele
Adult Ukulele: 13 years and older / Mondays, 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Fun and easy to follow basic ukulele and singing with Aunty Winnie
Mililani Y: Hula
Keiki Hula: 6 - 12 years old / Saturdays, 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Wahine Hula: 13 - 50 years old / Tuesdays, 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Kupuna Hula: 18 years and older / Tuesdays, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Nu'uanu Y: Hawaiian Language, Hula, UkuleleHula Hui O Kapunahala - Hawaiian Studies, Hula, and Ukulele Program:
For ages 3 and older, experience a Hawaiian Studies program that incorporates hula, ukulele and Hawaiian language and singing for all ages under the direction of Kumu Hula Carolee Nishi.
- Toddler Hula: 3 - 5 years old / Saturdays, 10 am - 10:30 am
- Keiki Hula: 6 - 12 years old / Saturdays, 10 am - 12 pm
- Opio Hula: 14 - 49 years / Saturdays, 10 am - 12 pm
- Kupuna Hula: 50+ years old / Mondays, 5 pm - 6 pm
If you need assistance with registration, please call our Service Center at 808-678-4296, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Parents will need attend an orientation to enroll their child. For more information, please call Nu'uanu Hawaiian Studies Office: 808-541-5279t
Nu'uanu Y: Visual Arts & Music
Clay Hand Building For Keiki & Adults
Presented by Hawai'i Arts Alliances & Nu'uanu YMCA
Come learn pinch, coil, and slab clay hand-building techniques. Low-fire earthenware clay and glazes will be used. Classes are ongoing and projects will change monthly. Sign up monthly!
Join us to learn pinch, coil, and slab clay hand-building techniques to create unique sculptural and functional work. Low-fire earthenware clay and glazes will be used. Classes are ongoing and projects will change monthly. Clay, supplies, and firings are included.
Percussion Ensemble Class For Keiki & Pre-Teen/Teen
|Learn to play xylophones, metallophones, drums, and percussion along with songs and dances from around the world.|
Sign-up for the Nu‘uanu YMCA Ikebana classes and learn the Japanese art of flower arrangement. Lead by instructor Junko Kim, licensed by Ikebana of the Sogetsu School.
- When: Saturdays (5 Week Sessions), 9 am - 11 am
- Where: Nu'uanu YMCA, 2nd floor Cooke Room
- Who: All levels welcome. Minimum class size is 5 people.
- Fees: Member - $70/session, Non-member - $90/session. Participants bring their own supplies, the instructor can assist with suggestions.
Windward Y: Ukulele
- When: Mondays, 11 am - 11:45 am
- Where: Daybreak Church Lanai, adjacent to the Windward Y
- Who: For ages 13 and older
- Fees: FREE for all Y members
- No registration required, simply join us on the Daybreak Church lanai Mondays at 11 am