The Leeward YMCA is located in the heart of Waipahu and serves the community of all cultures and ages. The facility is in close proximity to Waipahu Transit Center, Filipino Community Center, elderly housing, and Waipahu Public Library. With its groundbreaking renovation in 2004, the newly constructed facility of the YMCA replaces its old facility, which is located on a property of the historic Oahu sugar mill. The Leeward YMCA is
built with the sustainable efforts from community organizations & donors.
What Leeward YMCA Offers
We offer state-of-the-art equipment in our fitness center
. Our Healthy Start Room
is perfect for those looking to get fit in a private atmosphere.
Download our July 2015 Group Exercise Schedule
Head down to our swimming pool
for lap swim, water aerobics, & lots of family fun! Download our July 2015 Pool Schedule
During the school year, our staff operates A+ programs at 14 elementary schools. When school is out, we offer Intersession and Summer Fun programs.
POP-UP FITNESS CLASSES!
What are they? Classes that are not on the monthly schedule. Check our Group-Ex calendar daily! Be on the READY! You'll never know when a class will POP UP!
Youth Programs - Check it out!
Download our Youth Registration Form here.
Registration forms can be submitted to our Leeward YMCA Welcome Center.
REGISTER ONLINE FOR OUR PROGRAMS HERE!
PLEASE CLICK ON OUR LINKS TO DOWNLOAD MORE INFORMATION
- After School On-site childcare at various schools on the Leeward coast.
After School Program [ASP]
- Childcare held at the Leeward YMCA facility. We service August
Ahrens, Honowai, Waikele & Waipahu Elementary Schools.
- Intersession childcare for Holomua Elementary & Multi-track students.
SUMMER DAY CAMP 2015Kid's Prep Preschool
- When school is out, the YMCA is in! Sign up today for a fun-filled SUMMER! Register today! Download our program fees here.
part-time preschool that introduces children ages 2-4 years old to a
school setting & developing social skills by interacting with
SWIM LESSONS & NOVICE SWIM TEAM
Learn to Swim Program
- Swim lessons available for swimmers of all ages.
*AUGUST-SEPTEMBER 2015 SESSION NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION*
Download our August-September 2015 Session or Private & Buddy Swim Lessons.Want to become a future-competitive swimmer? Join our Tiger Sharks Novice Swim Team today; fun-filled swimming in an introductory competitive environment!
SPORTS & MARTIAL ARTS
Biddy & Youth Sports
- Fun-filled introductory setting for young athletes ages 3-12
years old to learn the fundamentals of a variety of sports.
- Taekwondo classes available for students ages 3 years old & above. Ki-Aikido classes available for students ages 7 years old & above.
- Leeward YMCA's performing arts program. We offer ballet, hip-hop, jazz, dance technique, and more!
- Our 'Ukulele, Piano & Keiki Chorus offer students ages 6-15 years
old the opportunity to get in-touch with their creative side.
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE YMCA TODAY!
island-wide membership allows you to enjoy all of our O'ahu facilities,
as well as multiple benefits such as full-facility usage, member-fees
for programs, wide-variety of exercise classes, and much more! We have
membership available for kama'aina of all ages.
Through the donation from the National Parkinson Foundation Hawaii, the
Leeward Y now offers Parkinson's classes. Find our schedule here