As of September 10, 2020, the Central Y location will accept new reservations for accommodations. However, anyone who is mandated by the State of Hawaii to complete a 14-day quarantine will not be allowed to stay at the Central Y. We will update our website when the State quarantine is lifted. Please check back. Thank you.
Currently, the State of Hawaii is mandating a 14-day quarantine for all returning residents and visitors to Hawaii. Residents are to quarantine at their residences and visitors at their hotels. The quarantine mandate will continue indefinitely until further notice from the Hawaii State government.
Accommodations at the Central Y are not suitable for quarantine stays. Anyone who is mandated by the State of Hawaii to 14-day quarantine will not be allowed to stay at the Y. As a result, all guests will be required to answer some pre-screening questions prior to making a reservation and at the time of check-in:
- Are you experiencing any cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 or more during the last 48 hours?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who is suspected to have, or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to your check-in date?
- Will you, anyone in your household, or anyone with whom you have had close contact with, traveled out of the State of Hawaii in the last 14 days prior to your check-in date?
Upon check-in, any guest that answers “yes” to any of the above questions will be denied entry to the Y, regardless of any reservation.
Also, due to the covid-19 pandemic, guests must be willing to adhere to guidelines to insure the health and safety of all guests and staff:
- Daily temperature checks
- Wearing masks anytime in the building, except while in your room
- Social Distancing guidelines
- Limited or no community gathering areas
- Self linen and towel service so that staff can focus on extra cleaning
- Quarantine protocols for those guests show signs/symptoms of illness during their stay
- No visitors in the building
- Food deliveries are to be met outside the building
The Y will terminate the stay of any guest unwilling to follow these guidelines.
Criminal History Background Checks (CHBC)
- For guests pre-paying for 1-2 days, the guest is responsible for the cost of the CHBC.
- For guests pre-paying for 3 or more days, the Y will cover the cost of the CHBC. (3 days payment is non-refundable)
- Until the guest clears the CHBC, the weekly rate is not available.
- Learn more here.
Make a reservation:
Please visit our Accommodations Request Form to request a room. Walk-ins are accepted, but due to the Criminal History Background Check process, it may take several hours before a walk-in can check-in. Reservations are highly encouraged. Check-in times are between 8am-4pm, with rooms being available after 12pm. Guests with pre-paid reservations, your room will be available any time after 12pm
Please check back for further updates on the extension of the Hawaii State-mandated quarantine.
The Central YMCA offers rooms for men, women and couples; All rooms are private with the option of a Community or Private shower and bathroom. All registered minors must be accompanied by an individual who is 18 years of age or older at all times.
Important Update: We will be taking reservations for 3 months in advance.
- Check-in: 8:00am-4:00pm
- Check-out: 10:00am
3rd or 4th Floor (3rd Floor - Male Only; 4th Floor - Female Only)
5th Floor (Male or Female):
Daily Rate: $125
- Free WiFi
- Convenient location near Ala Moana Beach and Shopping Center
- Hawaii Convention Center
- Elevator access
- Vending machines
*All rates must be paid in full. Installments are not permitted. The YMCA has the right to have the guest leave on the day that payment is not made.
*For full policies, rules and regulations please see Resident Handbook.