As of September 10, 2020, the Central Y location will accept new reservations for accommodations.
However, anyone who is mandated by the State of Hawaii to complete a 10-day quarantine will not be allowed to stay at the Central Y.State of Hawaii Quarantine Mandate
Currently, the State of Hawaii is requiring a 10-day mandatory quarantine for trans-Pacific travelers arriving WITHOUT a confirmed negative COVID-19 test taken within the 72 hours before departure of the final leg of their trip to Hawai‘i.
Travelers (adults and minors five years of age and older) who successfully complete a pre-travel COVID-19 test will not be subject to the state’s 10-day quarantine program. The test has to be taken 72 hours from the final leg of departure and the negative COVID-19 test result uploaded to the Safe Travels platform or printed out and in hand prior to departure to Hawai‘i in order to avoid the 10-day quarantine.
The state of Hawai‘i will ONLY accept test results from TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS. For details on the State of Hawaii Safe Travels program, click here.
Accommodations at the Central Y are not suitable for quarantine stays
If you are mandated by the State of Hawaii to quarantine, you will not be able to stay at the Central Y.
- Are you experiencing any cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 or more during the last 48 hours?
- Do you, or anyone in your household, have an active or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Are you, or anyone in your household, currently mandated to quarantine by State of Hawaii?
Safety Measures at Central Y
Also, due to the covid-19 pandemic, guests must be willing to adhere to the guidelines below to insure the health and safety of all guests and staff:
- Daily temperature checks
- Wearing masks anytime in the building, except while in your room
- Social Distancing guidelines
- Limited or no community gathering areas
- Self linen and towel service so that staff can focus on extra cleaning
- Quarantine protocols for those guests show signs/symptoms of illness during their stay
- No visitors in the building
- Food deliveries are to be met outside the building
The Y will terminate the stay of any guest unwilling to follow these guidelines.
Criminal History Background Checks (CHBC)
- For guests pre-paying for 1-2 days, the guest is responsible for the cost of the CHBC.
- For guests pre-paying for 3 or more days, the Y will cover the cost of the CHBC. (3 days payment is non-refundable)
- Until the guest clears the CHBC, the weekly rate is not available.
- Learn more here.
Make a reservation:
Please visit our Accommodations Request Form to request a room. Walk-ins are accepted, but due to the Criminal History Background Check process, it may take several hours before a walk-in can check-in. Reservations are highly encouraged. Check-in times are between 8am-4pm, with rooms being available after 12pm. Guests with pre-paid reservations, your room will be available any time after 12pm
Please check back for further updates on the extension of the Hawaii State-mandated quarantine.
The Central YMCA offers rooms for men, women and couples; All rooms are private with the option of a Community or Private shower and bathroom. All registered minors must be accompanied by an individual who is 18 years of age or older at all times.
Important Update: We will be taking reservations for 3 months in advance.
- Check-in: 8:00am-4:00pm
- Check-out: 10:00am
3rd or 4th Floor (3rd Floor - Male Only; 4th Floor - Female Only)
5th Floor (Male or Female):
Daily Rate: $125
- Free WiFi
- Convenient location near Ala Moana Beach and Shopping Center
- Hawaii Convention Center
- Elevator access
- Vending machines
*All rates must be paid in full. Installments are not permitted. The YMCA has the right to have the guest leave on the day that payment is not made.
*For full policies, rules and regulations please see Resident Handbook.