Financial Assistance for Membership | YMCA of Honolulu | Honolulu, Hawai‘i |


Financial Assistance for Membership

Financial Assistance for Membership

Membership for All

Thanks to the generosity of donors to our Annual Campaign, the YMCA of the Honolulu provides financial assistance for individuals and families who cannot afford the full cost of a Y membership. We also offer financial assistance for YMCA Programs.

Financial assistance is determined by a sliding fee scale based on total household income and number of household members and then, the availability of financial assistance funds.

Please use the calculator below to determine the monthly membership rate you would pay based on your selected membership category and the amount of financial assistance provided by the YMCA.

Select Total Household Income:
Select Household Size:

Family Membership includes all dependent children up to age 26 year, at no additional cost.

1 Adult Family
2 Adult Family
3 Adult Family
4 Adult Family
2 Adults or Dual (Two adults age 19+)
Adult (age 27-64)
Senior (age 65+)
Young Adult (age 19-26)
Teen (age 13-18)

*Based on availability of financial assistance funds.

Application Information

We require documentation to verify household size and income. Qualification for YMCA financial assistance must be renewed each year.

To Apply

  1. Completed application form (Forms also available at any YMCA Branch location)
  2. Your Government-issued photo ID
  3. Most recent W-2(s)
  4. Full tax return (1040, 1040EZ, 1040A, or Schedule C)
  5. Schedule an appointment with any YMCA Branch location and bring the required documents listed in #1-4.

Alternative Documents Accepted (If W-2s or Tax Returns are not available):

  • Copy of paystubs (one-month)
  • Benefit Statement (Social Security, Disability or Unemployment)
  • Government Assistance Benefits letter
  • Letter from your employer verifying your employment and stating your annual salary
  • For United States Military members: Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)