Financial Assistance for Programs | YMCA of Honolulu | Honolulu, Hawai‘i |

Youth Programs

Financial Assistance for Programs

Financial Assistance for Programs

Here for All

Thanks to the generosity of donors to our Annual Campaign, the YMCA of the Honolulu provides financial assistance for individuals and families who cannot afford the full cost of a Y program or membership. We also offer financial assistance for YMCA Memberships.

The percentage of program fees covered by YMCA financial assistance is determined by a sliding scale based on total household income, number of household members and the availability of financial assistance funds.

Please use the simple calculator below to determine the percentage of program fees you would pay based on the financial assistance provided by the YMCA pending availability of funds:

Select Total Household Income:
Select Household Size:

Family Membership includes all dependent children up to age 26 year, at no additional cost.

YMCA Financial
Paid by You

*Based on availability of financial assistance funds.

Application Information

Applicants may apply for financial assistance for youth programs including summer day camp, before and after school programs, swim lessons, early learning / part-time preschool programs, youth sports and others.

We require documentation to verify household size and income. Qualification for YMCA financial assistance must be renewed each year.

To Apply

  1. Call our Call Center at 808-678-4296, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, to pre-qualify.
  2. After being pre-qualified, schedule an appointment with your YMCA Branch location and bring the required documents:
    • Your Government-issued photo ID
    • Most recent W-2(s)
    • Full tax return (1040, 1040EZ, 1040A, or Schedule C)
  3. During your appointment, the branch will provide a confirmation of your final scholarship amount based on verification of income and availability of funds.

Alternative Documents Accepted (If W-2s or Tax Returns are not available):

  • Copy of paystubs (one-month)
  • Benefit Statement (Social Security, Disability or Unemployment)
  • Government Assistance Benefits letter
  • Letter from your employer verifying your employment and stating your annual salary
  • For United States Military members: Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)