Operating within the safety guidelines of the CDC and our State and City, our Y's are open and ready to serve you!
Our extensive safety protocols include rearrangement of machines and equipment for social distancing in our fitness areas, an online reservation system to reserve your spot in our pools and group exercise classes, masks required at all times (except when in our pools), and enhanced and frequent cleaning and sanitation, that includes every one cleaning their own equipment and machines before and after use.
Members are also enjoying the convenience and variety of more than 80 live streaming exercise classes each week, workshops and activities. Click here for all the details.
Not a Y member? For a limited time, save $50 on a new Y membership. Click here for details.
Offered as an after school program as well as during intersession and summer breaks, Club Mid is a dynamic, youth driven YMCA middle school teen after school program.
Participants are given the opportunity for personal development, to make healthier choices, and become socially responsible by participating in service learning, physical activities, leadership and personal development exercises.
Update January 2021: The Nu'uanu Y Club Mid afterschool program is now open to students ages 11 to 13 years old with safe, in-person programming at the Nu'uanu Y.
- Nu'uanu YMCA, 1441 Pali Highway, Honolulu, HI 96813
- M/T/Th/F 2:30 - 5:30 pm
- W 1:30 - 5:30 pm
- $120 per month
- Thanks to a special grant fund, Central Middle School students may attend at no cost.
- Financial Assistance is available through Child Care Connection Hawaii. To apply, click here.
- For Central Middle School Students Only:
- Register for Free Enrollment for Quarter 3
- Register for Free Enrollment for Quarter 4
- Note: Enrollment at Central Middle School will be checked and those students not enrolled, will be assessed the $120 per month program fee.
- All Other Middle School Students: General Public Registration
Students will have designated homework time and opportunities each day to participate in a variety of special interest clubs that include:
- Gardening and Agriculture
- Multimedia Video and Photo Editing and Production
Focus on Safety:
Following strict CDC and Department of Health guidelines our safety measures include:
- Screening all students and staff daily prior to entering the program and not allowing students or staff to attend if they:
- Have a fever of 100.4° F or more in the last 48 hours; or
- Are experiencing cold or flu symptoms; or
- They or someone in their household has an active or suspected case of COVID-19; or
- They or someone in their household is currently mandated to quarantine by the State of Hawaii.
- Keeping students in small groups groups while practicing social distancing.
- Requiring masks at all times for both students and staff.
- Frequent hand-washing and sanitation of high touch surfaces at regular intervals is completed.
Parents may drop off students at the Nu'uanu Y outside of the YMCA on Pali Highway at the Brown Gate (which is just before the basement parking garage):
- Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri: Between 2:15 -3:00 pm
- Wed: Between 1:15 - 2:00 pm
Central and Kawananakoa Middle School students may meet YMCA staff at their schools to be escorted (walked) to the Nu'uanu Y.
Central Middle School: Meet outside of the cafeteria on the basketball court side
Kawananakoa Middle School: Meet behind the cafeteria
- Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri: Between 2:00 - 2:15 pm
- Wed: Between 1:00 -1:15 pm
All students will be temperature checked and asked Health Screening questions prior to entering the Nu'uanu Y.
Parents may pick up their student at the Nu'uanu Y: Nu'uanu Y Basement Level Parking Garage between 4:30 - 5:30 pm
Teens will also be allowed to sign themselves out if parent/guardian completes the Authorization for Release of an Unaccompanied Minor waiver form (to be emailed to email@example.com).
About The Nu'uanu YMCA
With its location just north of Downtown Honolulu’s Central Business and Government Districts and the Downtown campus of Hawaii Pacific University, the Nu'uanu YMCA serves all those who live and work in the heart of Honolulu. With its cornerstone dating back to 1963 at its current site, the Nu'uanu YMCA is the biggest YMCA on the island, consisting of 4,800 members and houses the YMCA of Honolulu’s Metropolitan Offices and Youth Department. Nu'uanu YMCA also features a transitional housing program which accommodates 68-single rooms and a community bathroom accommodating all men.
Webpage Update 1.12.21